Thursday 11 April 2013

Summer Eyes

For the benefit this post I'm going to pretend that when I look out of the window I see sun, blue skies and sandy beaches. In reality, I have the heating on full blast and a wooly jumper on because it's bloody freezing. Did the weathermen not get the memo? It's spring! To cheer myself up in the doom and gloom I created a summertime eyes look in khaki and gold. Products used were as follows: Mac Bare Study paint pot swept over the lid as a base. Urban Decay's Half baked patted on with a real techniques brush. Urban Decay Home Grown blended into the crease and outer corner with the same brush. Urban Decay's Misdemeanor used to darken the crease on the outside a little. Collection 24hr Extreme Wear liquid eyeliner just on the outer corners. Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara (purple tube)applied liberally. The lip colour used here is from an old Lula + Belle colour Palette and is a terracotta red. These are often overlooked being in the brown family. I know I used to be scared of the "I look guilty of stuffing my face with chocolate Easter egg but really I'm just wearing brown lip gloss" look, but these colours sheer out really nicely and any brown tone/brown red looks great on a pale, warm skin tone and blue eyes. On the cheeks I also used the Lula + Belle palette, the colour was a light yellow gold, and I contoured slightly with the darker brown bronze. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment